Monday, October 13, 2014

To You Be The Glory, Lord, In The Constellations


"By the word of the LORD, the heavens were made, their starry host by the breathe of his mouth." -Pslams 33:6
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If the earth were a golf ball, Canis Majoris would be the height of Mt. Everest."
Imagine little old me, 
not even a speck on the golf ball. 
But, God still cares about me. 
Watching the planets go by, we aren't even that special. 

But that sun, the light, the warmth
186, 282 miles per second.  
In 8 minutes, light travels 89 million miles, to touch your skin here on earth.
It is one million times bigger than the earth. 
Like Louie, I too shrink the good shrink. 
I can't even imagine that the God who created this amazing universe
created me.
You. 
By His breathe, all of this was spoken into existence.
He is a God of might,
power,
glory, 
awe, 
wonder. 
We worship the God of the heavens. We worship a big God. 
All of the problems in this privileged world have become less, 
and God,
Bigger.   
For a God who created this, my problems are nothing. 
I can trust in the Creator, and be confident that I matter. 
There is none like Him, so we should worship him that way. 

Just remember, you can fit 7 quadrillion earths inside Canis Majoris. 

No comments:

Post a Comment